Integrated Support for Certified Mail®
Certified Mail® is a service provided by the USPS® that provides you with an official receipt
proving your letter was mailed and a signature from the recipient proving the Certified Mail
piece was delivered. Certified Mail receipts and delivery confirmations serve an important role
in business and legal affairs as they are considered prima facie evidence in legal proceedings
by local, state and federal courts. As such, Certified Mail is often used for sending legal
notices, government documents, debt collections, tax returns, health care records, etc.
Certified Mail Made Easy
Although Certified Mail is a great service, the traditional method for sending Certified Mail
with a return receipt involves multiple hardcopy forms and is a laborious, time-consuming process.
However, there is a better way to take advantage of the added security of certified mail: You can
now perform all Certified Mail tasks directly from within the FlexMail software on your PC.
Creating, tracking, and managing Certified Mail with FlexMail is much simpler and more streamlined
than the traditional method.
Link an address database and add the Certified Mail barcode to all or a selection of the
addresses in the linked file.
Significantly reduce the time to prepare your Certified Mail pieces because you no
longer have to fill out forms manually.
Optionally validate recipient addresses to ensure USPS compliant formatting with the
FlexMail USPS Mail Processing module.
Automatically generate the USPS Form 3877 (Firmbook report) that is required to
obtain Proof of Mailing.
Save in postage by using Electronic Return Receipt to obtain a digital signature.
Electronic Return Receipts are securely stored in the cloud for a period of 2 years
from the date of mailing.
Easily search and track pieces from within your FlexMail projects providing details
about every step of the delivery process.
One Single Integrated Solution for Certified Mail Processing
FlexMail uses a cloud based API for Certified Mail processing. The service
is a sophisticated system to create, track and audit Certified Mail. The service is deployed as a
public SaaS solution.
The services can be accessed through FlexMail without having to install additional software and
data files on your computer. The interface to the service is completely integrated in FlexMail.
- No need to go to any web-site.
- No USPS Gateway setup required.
- No additional software to load.
- No updates to install, always up-to date.
A Complete Certified Mail® Solution
The Certified Mail® service combined with the powerful design, printing, and mail production features
of FlexMail give you an unsurpassed solution for sending Certified Mail items.
Create the Certified Mail items
- Select all addresses to be sent as Certified Mail or make a selection from the linked
- The destination address is automatically populated from the linked database.
- Multiple return addresses can be saved in the system.
- Select additional services for Electronic Return Receipt and Restricted Delivery.
- Automatically create USPS Form 3877 (Firmbook).
Design your Certified Mail items
- Add a cover sheet or place the Certified Mail barcode directly on the first page
of your document.
- Design your Certified Mail piece, containing the Certified Mail barcode, the
destination address, return address, your logo, and any other design element you
- Make a layout based on the Certified Mail envelope size you wish to use (#10, 6x9,
and 9x12). Design guides for each of these envelope sizes are available in
Track your Certified Mail items
- The tracking status is automatically updated every time you open a FlexMail
- The datasheet shows the most recent status of each Certified Mail item.
- Easily search for specific receipients.
- Detailed tracking information available about every step of the delivery.
- Direct access to digital signatures.
- Export the datasheet to archive the delivery status of all your Certified Mail
Packages for any need
There are no fixed costs for using the Certified Mail service. Fees are based on pay per
use pricing. Packages with transactions for low to high volumes are available, making the
service attractive for both smaller and large users.
The use of the Certified Mail service is available in FlexMail Advanced and Professional
and requires maintenance on the software.